We work with the best – join our team!
lia sophia is a leading high-quality fashion jewelry company that empowers women to start living their dreams instead of just dreaming them. Through our unique products and invaluable business opportunity, we pride ourselves on being a family-based company with a history spanning two generations and centered on women helping women.
We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who enjoy what they do and want to help make a difference in people’s lives. lia sophia offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, paid vacation time, personal well-being days, and 401K.
Opportunities are available in our Wood Dale and Roselle locations – both located northwest of Chicago, IL.
Below are current job openings. Click the title to view each job description:
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Programmer Analyst - Order Operations at our Wood Dale location. Primarily responsible to design, code, test, analyze, and maintain software programs and applications used to support the organization’s operations and order processing cycle, particularly those supported through the Harris ERP Data System. This includes leading and participating in collaborative work teams, researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. This position will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required. Position will provide support and guidance to Programmers, Programmer Analysts or more junior technical personnel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the company’s order processing applications, accounting applications, inventory control and supporting operations.
* Provides day-to-day support of existing applications and systems as they relate to the company’s order processing cycle. This includes, but is not limited to order entry, allocation, inventory control, tax, credit card authorization/settlement, fulfillment, shipping and accounting.
* Keeps Management apprised of issues that severely impact normal operations or availability of systems.
* Work with Harris ERP Data system and 3rd party order processing systems.
* Investigates and responds to program and application issues as they pertain to the successful and complete processing of orders. Engages appropriate internal support teams or organization’s business support partners as required.
* Assists in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation. Identifies and communicate potential conflicts or areas requiring clarification or further analysis.
* Collaborates with business partners as needed on support of new, enhanced or modified software products or systems.
* Ensures software changes and development is documented and efficiently meets specifications.
* Develops and installs software and application programs adhering to company’s change control procedures.
* Generates statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming projects and business
* Develops and maintains user and system documentation and guidelines.
* Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
* Supports and promotes cooperation, teamwork and communication within the Department, the company and among the organization’s business partners for achieving and fulfilling organizational goals and objectives.
Required Skills and Education:
* Bachelors degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software development, and/or 5 + years equivalent work experience in a senior/lead level application development and support position.
* Strong proficiency with RPGLE, Sequel, and report writing. Familiarity with scripting languages desirable.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft operating system and desktop applications such as Office, Project, and Visio.
* Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices and demonstrated experience working with and supporting relational databases.
* Proven experience leading project teams and interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
* Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
* Knowledge of data privacy practices and laws. Working knowledge of best practices relating to application security, particularly as it relates to PCI compliance.
* An attitude of personal accountability and integrity which permits the employee to handle and assess confidential and sensitive information.
* Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel both verbally and in written form.
* Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
* Ability to conduct research into complex software-related issues and products.
* Highly self motivated and directed.
* Thorough and strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with keen attention to detail.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Provide after hours and on-call availability/support as required to support the operational needs of the organization.
* Able to sit for extended periods of time.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices
* Experience with Data Warehousing and business Analytics
Does it sound like a good fit? Let us know! To apply for a position, submit your résumé and cover letter via e-mail. Please send résumés in standard Microsoft Word format or PDF, and always note the position you're applying for.
Fax: (630) 766-4089